MariaDB High Performance
About This Book
- Build multiple slaves and load balance with HA-Proxy
- Explore MariaDB 10 features like GTID replication or Sharding using Spider
- This is a step-by-step tutorial guide to help you build high performance applications
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at system administrators/architects or DBAs who want to learn more about how to grow their current infrastructure to support larger traffic.
Before beginning with this book, we expect you to be well-practiced with MySQL/MariaDB for common usage. You will be able to get a grasp quickly if you are comfortable with learning and building large infrastructures for MariaDB using Linux.
What You Will Learn
- Set up master/slave classical replications and make them scale easily, even over WAN
- Create a dual master replication with load balancer and cluster software
- Shard your data using the Spider engine
- Grow your write infrastructure by setting up a Galera Cluster
- Make your Galera Cluster and replication work together to build complex solutions
- Optimize your engine and identify bottlenecks
- Compare the Galera and MySQL Cluster
- Graph your data and tools solution
- Build a Galera disaster recovery solution
Designing and maintaining a huge amount of data in production is not an easy task. Understanding how solutions work, what kind of differences exist between them, and how to get them working is necessary before designing a solution for production. MariaDB High Performance will help you avoid mistakes, bad designs, and wrong strategic choices.
This book will throw light on important and crucial subjects such as which hardware should be used in which situation and what the bottlenecks generally are. You will get acquainted with the latest addition to the MariaDB family, known as Spider, and you will get to know how data sharding is carried out across several MariaDB servers using Spider.