About This Book
- Learn how HBase works with large data sets and integrates them with Hadoop
- Understand the layout and structure of HBase
- A step-by-step guide accompanied by practical examples that will focus on the core tasks of HBase
Who This Book Is For
If you are an administrator or developer who wants to enter the world of Big Data and BigTables and would like to learn about HBase, this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of HBase
- Understand the prerequisites necessary to get started with HBase
- Install and configure a new HBase cluster
- Optimize an HBase cluster using different Hadoop and HBase parameters
- Make clusters more reliable using different troubleshooting and maintenance techniques
- Get to grips with the HBase data model and its operations
- Get to know the benefits of using Hadoop tools/JARs for HBase
Apache HBase is a nonrelational NoSQL database management system that runs on top of HDFS. It is an open source, distributed, versioned, column-oriented store. It facilitates the tech industry with random, real-time read/write access to your Big Data with the benefit of linear scalability on the fly.
This book will take you through a series of core tasks in HBase. The introductory chapter will give you all the information you need about the HBase ecosystem. Furthermore, you'll learn how to configure, create, verify, and test clusters. The book also explores different parameters of Hadoop and HBase that need to be considered for optimization and a trouble-free operation of the cluster. It will focus more on HBase's data model, storage, and structure layout. You will also get to know the different options that can be used to speed up the operation and functioning of HBase. The book will also teach the users basic- and advance-level coding in Java for HBase. By the end of the book, you will have learned how to use HBase with large data sets and integrate them with Hadoop.