- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-09-12
- 售價: $1,392
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,322
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 365
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783985968
- ISBN-13: 9781783985968
About This Book
- Learn how to create quick but complex games for Google Play and the mobile gaming market with the help of AndEngine
- Simulate real-world physics with AndEngine's built-in physics engine, which is used in most popular games
- A focused and systematic guide on AndEngine where you will build one complex and powerful game right from the scratch
Who This Book Is For
If you are a beginner to AndEngine, or mobile game development in general, and you are looking for a simple way to start making games for Android, this book is for you. You should already know the basics of Java programming, but no previous game development experience is required.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basics of a game engine
- Install all the required software and download and set up AndEngine along with its physics extension
- Design basic game rules and gather game assets
- Create a basic runnable application using AndEngine
- Display text and graphics in the game
- Implement basic interactions between the player and the game, making use of the mobile device sensors
- Simulate real-world physics in-game
- Finish a polished 2D physics-based
AndEngine is a very popular open source OpenGL (open graphics library) Android game engine, used to create mobile games quickly while maintaining the ability to fully customize them.
This book will guide you through the whole development process of creating a mobile game for the Android platform using one of the most popular and easy-to-use game engines available today.
Beginning with the very basics, you will learn how to install AndEngine, gather graphics, add sound and music assets, and design game rules. You will first design an example game and enhance it by adding various features over the course of the book. Each chapter adds more colors, enhances the game, and takes it to the next level. You will also learn how to work with Box2D, a popular 2D physics engine that forms an integral part of some of the most successful mobile games.
By the end of the book, you will be able to create a complete, interactive, and fully featured mobile game for Android and publish it to Google Play.