- Easily fix the nagging problems that commonly plague OpenStack and become the go-to person in your organization
- Get better equipped to troubleshoot and solve common problems in performance, availability, and automation that confront production-ready OpenStack environments
- Save time and decrease frustration by solving significant issues that arise from OpenStack deployments pertaining to storage and networking
OpenStack is a collection of software projects that work together to provide a cloud fabric. OpenStack is one of the fastest growing open source projects in history that unlocks cloud computing for everyone. With OpenStack, you are able to create public or private clouds on your own hardware. The flexibility and control afforded by OpenStack puts the cloud within reach of anyone willing to learn this technology.
Starting with an introduction to OpenStack troubleshooting tools, we'll walk through each OpenStack service and how you can quickly diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct problems in your OpenStack. Understanding the various projects and how they interact is essential for anyone attempting to troubleshoot an OpenStack cloud. We will start by explaining each of the major components and the dependencies between them, and move on to show you how to identify and utilize an effective set of OpenStack troubleshooting tools and fix common Keystone problems. Next, we will expose you to common errors and problems you may encounter when using the OpenStack Block Storage service (Cinder). We will then examine Heat, the OpenStack Orchestration Service, where you will learn how to trace errors, determine their root cause, and effectively correct the issue.
Finally, you will get to know the best practices to architect your OpenStack cloud in order to achieve optimal performance, availability, and reliability.
What you will learn
- Diagnose and remediate authentication and authorization problems in Keystone
- Fix common issues with images served through Glance
- Master the art of troubleshooting Neutron networking
- Navigate and overcome problems with Nova
- Troubleshoot and resolve Cinder block storage issues
- Identify and correct Swift object storage problems
- Isolate and fix issues caused by Heat orchestration
- Leverage Ceilometer and other metering and monitoring tools for effective troubleshooting
About the Author
Tony Campbell grew up in the heart of Silicon Valley where he had access and exposure to many technology companies that led the Internet boom. He started programming in the early 90s and has been hooked since then. Tony is committed to helping others understand and successfully adopt OpenStack.
Table of Contents
- The Troubleshooting Toolkit
- Troubleshooting OpenStack Identity
- Troubleshooting the OpenStack Image Service
- Troubleshooting OpenStack Networking
- Troubleshooting OpenStack Compute
- Troubleshooting OpenStack Block Storage
- Troubleshooting OpenStack Object Storage
- Troubleshooting the OpenStack the Orchestration Service
- Troubleshooting the OpenStack Telemetry Service
- OpenStack Performance, Availability, and Reliability