- Improve user's search experience with the correct configuration
- Deliver relevant search results – fast!
- Save time and system resources by creating stable clusters
Beginning with an overview of the way ElasticSearch stores data, you'll begin to extend your knowledge to tackle indexing and mapping, and learn how to configure ElasticSearch to meet your users' needs. You'll then find out how to use analysis and analyzers for greater intelligence in how you organize and pull up search results – to guarantee that every search query is met with the relevant results! You'll explore the anatomy of an ElasticSearch cluster, and learn how to set up configurations that give you optimum availability as well as scalability. Once you've learned how these elements work, you'll find real-world solutions to help you improve indexing performance, as well as tips and guidance on safety so you can back up and restore data. Once you've learned each component outlined throughout, you will be confident that you can help to deliver an improved search experience – exactly what modern users demand and expect.
What you will learn
- Learn how ElasticSearch efficiently stores data – and find out how it can reduce costs
- Control document metadata with the correct mapping strategies and by configuring indices
- Use ElasticSearch analysis and analyzers to incorporate greater intelligence and organization across your documents and data
- Find out how an ElasticSearch cluster works – and learn the best way to configure it
- Perform high-speed indexing with low system resource cost
- Improve query relevance with appropriate mapping, suggest API, and other ElasticSearch functionalities
About the Author
Huseyin Akdogan began his software adventure with the GwBasic programming language. He started learning the Visual Basic language after QuickBasic and developed many applications until 2000, after which he stepped into the world of Web with PHP. After this, he came across Java! In addition to counseling and training activities since 2005, he developed enterprise applications with JavaEE technologies. His areas of expertise are JavaServer Faces, Spring Frameworks, and big data technologies such as NoSQL and Elasticsearch. Along with these, he is also trying to specialize in other big data technologies. Huseyin also writes articles on Java and big data technologies and works as a technical reviewer of big data books. He was a reviewer of one of the bestselling books, Mastering Elasticsearch – Second Edition.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Efficient Indexing
- What is an Elasticsearch Index
- Basic Concepts of Mapping
- Analysis and Analyzers
- Anatomy of an Elasticsearch Cluster
- Improving Indexing Performance
- Snapshot and Restore
- Improving the User Search Experience