VMware vSphere Design Essentials
Unleash the performance, availability, and workload efficiency of your virtual data center using this fast-paced guide
About This Book
- Explore methodologies that are applied during the Initial, Planning, Analysis, and Design phases of a vSphere implementation
- Familiarize yourself with planning, deploying, maintaining, and optimizing vSphere solutions with ease
- Seamlessly configure and deploy vSphere with the help of easy-to-follow examples in this fast-paced guide
Who This Book Is For
If you are a VMware beginner, VMware engineer, VMware SME, or VMware architect, then this is the book for you. A basic understanding of virtualization is a prerequisite.
What You Will Learn
- Identify key factors related to vSphere design and apply them to every step of the design process
- Familiarize yourself with the procedures and practices to be followed while designing VMware vSphere
- Choose the right storage protocol depending on your infrastructure needs
- Evaluate and design a multitenant environment to address both private cloud and public cloud business needs
- Estimate storage to accommodate IOPS, data explosion, disaster recovery, and on demand provisioning
- Create professional vSphere design documentation to ensure a successful implementation of the vSphere design
- Map the logical resource design into the physical vSphere design
- Analyze requirements for a better network design
vSphere allows you to transform your IT infrastructure into a private cloud, then bridge it to public clouds on demand, delivering an IT infrastructure as an easily accessible service.
This book is a fast-paced guide that enables you to explore and harness the vast potential of VMware vSphere. The book begins by providing you with a rapid introduction to VMware vSphere architecture and the major considerations for VMware vSphere design. Beginning with the essentials of VMware vSphere, it will get you started with VMware ESXi host, cluster, vCenter and patterns that are required to be applied while designing your VMware vSphere. As you progress through the chapters, you will learn about analyzing the key components that are needed for a network.
By the end of the book, you will have also learned about the major factors influencing vCloud needs and have finalized the requirements for designing a vCloud.