Arduino Android Blueprints
Marco Schwartz, Stefan Buttigieg
About This Book
- Learn how to interface with and control Arduino using Android devices
- Discover how you can utilize the combined power of Android and Arduino for your own projects
- Practical, step-by-step examples to help you unleash the power of Arduino with Android
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who want to learn how to build exciting Arduino projects by interfacing it with Android. You will need to have some basic experience in electronics and programming. However, you don't need to have any previous experience with the Arduino or Android platforms.
What You Will Learn
- Build Arduino systems that can be controlled via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Low Energy
- Make a weather measurement station that can be monitored from Android
- Build a smart power switch that can be controlled via Wi-Fi from Android
- Monitor your home remotely with a wireless security camera
- Control a servo motor with Bluetooth Low Energy using your phone's gyroscope
- Open or close a door using voice controls or NFC
- Control a mobile robot using Bluetooth Low Energy
Arduino is an open source microcontroller built on a single-circuit board that is capable of receiving sensory input from the environment and controlling interactive physical objects.
The first few projects of this book will focus on displaying tweets within your app by connecting to Twitter, controlling basic functions of the Arduino board, and connecting an Arduino-powered weather station to an Android phone via Bluetooth. Next, you will learn how to use the Arduino Yun board to connect a standard USB camera to a local Wi-Fi network. At the end of the book, you will build a simple mobile robot, connect it to an Arduino board and a Bluetooth module, then control the robot from an Android phone using Bluetooth.
Each project is explained in a step-by-step fashion, always starting with the choice of components and the assembly of the hardware.