Mastering Unity Scripting
Learn advanced C# tips and techniques to make professional-grade games with Unity
About This Book
- Packed with hands-on tasks and real-world scenarios that will help you apply C# concepts
- Learn how to work with event-driven programming, regular expressions, customized rendering, AI, and lots more
- Easy-to-follow structure and language, which will help you understand advanced ideas
Who This Book Is For
Mastering Unity Scripting is an advanced book intended for students, educators, and professionals familiar with the Unity basics as well as the basics of scripting. Whether you've been using Unity for a short time or are an experienced user, this book has something important and valuable to offer to help you improve your game development workflow.
What You Will Learn
- Understand core C# concepts, such as class inheritance, interfaces, singletons, and static objects
- Implement effective Artificial Intelligence for NPCs
- Work with event-driven programming to optimize your code
- Develop solid debugging and diagnostic techniques
- Get to know the Mono Framework and Linq in practical contexts
- Customize the rendering functionality for postprocess effects
- Code line of sight, view testing, and other useful algorithms
- Improve the quality of your code with the help of concepts such as attributes
This book is an easy-to-follow guide that introduces you to advanced tips and techniques to code Unity games in C#. Using practical and hands-on examples across ten comprehensive chapters, you'll learn how C# can be applied creatively to build professional-grade games that sell.
You will be able to create impressive Artificial Intelligence for enemy characters, customize camera rendering for postprocess effects, and improve scene management by understanding component-based architecture. In addition, you will have an in-depth look at the .NET classes used to increase program reliability, see how to process datasets such as CSV files, and understand how to run advanced queries on data. By the end of this book, you'll become a powerful Unity developer, equipped with plenty of tools and techniques to quickly and effectively develop merchantable games.