Develop your own web application with the effective use of the Clojure programming language
About This Book
- Use Clojure to create robust, ready-to-be deployed web applications
- Get to grips with Clojure through successive implementation of applications using new features
- Explore the in-depth concepts of Clojure, such as templating, request routing, input validation, and database transactions, and utilize Java interoperability
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who's worked with Clojure and wants to use it to start developing applications for the Web. Experience or familiarity with basic Clojure syntax is a must, and exposure to Leiningen (or other similar build tools such as Maven) would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Generate a fully runnable web application using the Luminus Leiningen application template
- Explore the basics of the underlying Ring framework and the Ring Server
- Configure URL Routing, Logging, and some testing basics
- Create new web pages using the Selmer template rendering library
- Validate user-submitted form data
- Store and retrieve data to and from a database
- Configure, package, and deploy the finished application
Functional programming enables developers to create and deploy applications quickly and easily. Using the Clojure programming language and the Leiningen build tool, this book teaches you how to leverage various Clojure libraries into the building blocks of a web-based application.
We'll start by generating a new, fully runnable, baseline web application using the Leiningen Luminus template. From there we'll examine the different pieces that compose our application, and learn the basics of the underlying Ring framework. Subsequent chapters will focus on each technology and leverage those technologies to build additional functionality into our application. You'll learn how to validate user submitted data, authentication, account creation, how to interact with a database, and more. Finally, we'll create an environment configuration and deploy our app.
By the end of this book you'll have created a full fledged application from start to finish, and you'll have the requisite skills to develop an efficient and robust web application.