Unity 2D Game Development Blueprints（Paperback）
Francesco Sapio, Abdelrahman Saher
Explore the full features of Unity 5 for 2D game development by building three amazing complete game projects
About This Book
- Explore the 2D architecture of Unity 5, and the tools and techniques for developing 2D games
- Discover how to use Unity's 2D tools, including Sprites, physics, and maps, to create different genres of games
- Practical tutorial on the intermediate and advanced development concepts in Unity 5 to create three interesting and fully functional games
Who This Book Is For
If you've got the basics of 2D development down, push your skills with the projects in this hands-on guide. Diversify your portfolio and learn the skills to build a range of awesome 2D game genres.
What You Will Learn
- Explore sprites and their vital role in 2D games
- Move and animate your sprites, and apply them to a 2D platformer game
- Set up a user interface that allows navigation through the 2D games
- Apply 2D physics to game objects and finish off the platformer game
- Set up game events to trigger and NPCs, and create a role playing game
- Add artificial intelligence to game characters to add some life to game NPCs
- Create 2D maps and add them to the strategy game
Flexible, powerful, and full of rich features-Unity 5 is the engine of choice for AAA 2D and 3D game development. With comprehensive support for over 20 different platforms, Unity boasts a host of great new functions for making 2D games. Learn how to leverage these new options into awesome 2D games by building three complete game projects with the Unity game tutorials in this hands-on book.
Get started with a quick overview of the principle concepts and techniques needed for making 2D games with Unity, then dive straight in to practical development. Build your own version of Super Mario Brothers as you learn how to animate sprites, work with physics, and construct brilliant UIs in order to create a platformer game. Go on a quest to create a complete RPG game discovering NPC design, event triggers, and AI programming. Finally, put your skills to the test against a real challenge - designing and constructing a complex strategy game that will draw on and develop all your previously learned skills.