WebSocket Essentials: Building Apps with HTML5 WebSockets
Build your own real-time web applications using HTML5 WebSockets
About This Book
- Learn to build your real-time collaborative application for mobiles and tablets using WebSockets
- Set up your own WebSocket server and familiarize yourself with the combined power of WebSockets with HTML5
- A practical guide, accompanied by examples, which will help you to understand the working of the Node.js WebSocket server
Who This Book Is For
This book is for web developers who want to learn and implement WebSocket to create interesting apps for modern browsers, leveraging the capabilities of HTML5 with WebSockets.
What You Will Learn
- Create a web app with the advanced features of the modern Web
- Expand the level of application by using different frameworks and libraries
- Improve HTML5 web application development with the help of up-to-date tools
- Structure your application and speed up development with modern tools
- Develop a WebSocket server using Node.js
- Discover all the basics of using WebSockets on mobile and tablet platforms
- Transmit real-time data between users by building a drawing application in HTML5
- Understand the importance of using framework AngularJS along with Bootstrap
WebSocket facilitates complete duplex communication between the client and server. HTML5 made it possible to create enterprise-level applications considering the important parameters related to application maintainability. All these enhanced features help developers to remove the dependency on different plugins.
Starting with the basics of HTML5, you will work your way through the process of implementing different applications using WebSockets and HTML5 using the Node.js server. You will explore how to use WebSockets on the mobile and tablet platforms and build a real-time drawing application in HTML5 utilizing WebSockets. You will also learn how to set up the Node.js server and develop an app for presentation sharing.
By the end of this book, you will be familiar with the technology and will have learned how to enhance your HTML5 web application development using modern tools.