Creating Development Environments with Vagrant, 2/e（Paperback）
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2015-03-13
- 售價: $1,130
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,074
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 153
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1784397024
- ISBN-13: 9781784397029
Leverage the power of Vagrant to create and manage virtual development environments with Puppet, Chef, and VirtualBox
About This Book
- Get your projects up and running quickly and effortlessly by simulating complicated environments that can be easily shared with colleagues
- Provision virtual machines using Puppet, Ansible, and Chef
- A practical, hands-on guide that helps you learn how to create powerful and flexible virtual development environments
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who wants to have your development environment accurately reflect your live servers to tackle the ever-increasing complexity of web and software projects, this book is most certainly intended for you!
It's assumed that you know the basics of Linux systems in the context of web-based projects.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate your own machine with the virtual machine of your development environment
- Install Vagrant on multiple platforms such as Windows, OS X, and Linux
- Familiarize yourself with Vagrant operations such as port forwarding, disk mapping, and networking
- Install and manage software packages using Puppet, Ansible, and Chef
- Set up and control multiple virtual machines simultaneously within the same project
- Build and manage your own base box for Vagrant
- Discover how to set up a simple LEMP server for a Vagrant project
Vagrant is an open source software used to create and manage virtual development environments. It can be considered a wrapper around virtualization software such as VirtualBox and configuration management software such as Chef, Ansible, and Puppet.
This book looks at the potential that virtualization offers us, and breaks down the process of creating a distributable and powerful virtual development environment. You will learn how to create more advanced development environments consisting of multiple virtual machines, allowing you to mimic multi-server production environments.
Finally, you'll gain an insight into Vagrant Cloud, which is a suite of web services built into Vagrant that allows you to remotely view applications on a Vagrant instance.