Write DSLs for your user interface code using AngularJS directives and add real-time capabilities to your applications using AngularFire's three-way data binding with Firebase
About This Book
- Create powerful custom HTML elements and attributes using AngularJS directives
- Store and sync data in real time using Firebase
- Practical working examples to help you apply your knowledge to solve real-world problems
Who This Book Is For
This book helps beginner-level AngularJS developers organize AngularJS applications by discussing important AngularJS concepts and best practices. If you are an experienced AngularJS developer but haven't written directives or haven't created custom HTML controls before, then this book is ideal for you.
What You Will Learn
- Experience the power of two-way data binding using AngularJS and three-way data binding using Firebase
- Use dependency injection in AngularJS
- Get the $http and $resource services to work with REST APIs
- Realize the full power of AngularJS by writing custom elements, attributes, and so on, using directives
- Create real-time apps using Firebase and AngularJS
- Discover the benefits and uses of Node.js, Yeoman, Yo Angular generator, Grunt, and Bower
- Get to grips with the basics of Git and use Git flow for a more productive Git branching workflow
Data-oriented Development with AngularJS is a systematic learning guide that covers important AngularJS concepts such as data binding, dependency injection, directives, and so on. It also covers the basics of Firebase and three-way data binding with AngularFire. You'll be able to create a small project and build a real-time application using Firebase and AngularJS. This project uses most of the concepts and best practices learned in the book so that you can apply the very same principles in real-world AngularJS development.