iOS Game Programming Cookbook
Bhanu Birani, Chhavi Vaishnav
Over 45 interesting game recipes that will help you create your next enthralling game
About This Book
- Learn to create 2D graphics with Sprite Kit, game physics, AI behaviours, 3D game programming, and multiplayer gaming
- Use native iOS frameworks for OpenGL to create 3D textures, allowing you to explore 3D animations and game programming
- Explore powerful iOS game features through detailed step-by-step recipes
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who are willing to explore iOS game programming in depth.
Good knowledge level and understanding of iOS game development will be an added advantage. You should already have a working installation of Xcode and Sprite kit.
What You Will Learn
- Explore Apple's new SpriteKit framework
- Create advanced iOS games using emitters, parallax effects, and texture packers
- Add sound to your games with iCloud support
- Implement and integrate various AI behaviors, such as flocking, alignment, and cohesion in your game
- Develop a mini 3D game using OpenGL
- Create a multiplayer drag-race game using Bluetooth
As mobile game development is increasing in popularity, iOS Game Programming Cookbook offers a cutting-edge platform for you to visualize and strengthen your game ideas and implementation. You will start by understanding the concepts of SpriteKit and implement them in your games. You will learn about the particle system, game center, and how to analyze game performance, followed by how to use SpriteKit's built-in physics simulation and integrate the physics world in the game with bodies that have joints and can detect collisions in your projects. Next, you will pump up the volume in your game by adding music with iCloud support.
Moving on, you will add various AI behaviors and obstacle avoidance in your games. You will also get the chance to refresh your mathematics and physics skills to get a deeper understanding of game AI. By the end of the book, you will have created a multiplayer game!