Leverage the power of Splunk to efficiently analyze machine, log, web, and social media data
About This Book
- Make impressive reports and dashboards easily
- Search, locate, and manage apps in Splunk
- Use the Twitter app to create a dashboard based on Twitter searches of particular topics
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for a business person, analyst, or student who wants to quickly learn how to use Splunk to manage data.
It would be helpful to have a bit of familiarity with basic computer concepts, but no prior experience of Splunk is required.
What You Will Learn
- Use Splunk to collect all types of data
- Create reports in Splunk to help understand what your data says and develop business insights
- Design dashboards in Splunk to present data in many useful ways on one interface
- Set up alerts to communicate problems or issues with a system
- Utilize the Report Builder to create values over time, top values, and rare values reports
- Understand how to bring in and analyze live streaming data
- Familiarize yourself with data storage in Splunk
Splunk is a powerful tool that is used extensively to search, monitor, and analyze any machine data.
This book is designed to introduce you quickly to the benefits of using the Splunk Enterprise system. Understanding this technology will allow you to engage with your important data and ensure that it is collected, stored, managed, reported on, and utilized well to enable you to make better business decisions. By equipping you with this knowledge, you will be better prepared to tackle data issues in the fast-paced business world of today. You will learn about various vital topics such as data collection, managing apps, creating reports, and analyzing data using Splunk. You will also be equipped with skills to help you obtain a Twitter API key for use with the Twitter app for Splunk.