AngularJS Test-driven Development
Implement the best practices to improve your AngularJS applications using test-driven development
About This Book
- Learn about TDD techniques, the TDD lifecycle, and its power through clear examples to enhance your Angular applications
- A practical guide filled with examples that focus on a wide range of testing techniques with AngularJS components
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Implement unit and end-to-end testing with Karma and Protractor
- Understand the workings of the file auto-watch feature and headless browser testing with Karma
- Develop AngularJS controllers, services, and other components using the TDD approach
- Implement the testing techniques with mocks, broadcast events, and asynchronous behavior
- Integrate REST-based services and APIs into an application to extract data
- Automate Karma unit tests with Travis CI
- Get to know about TDD techniques, the TDD life cycle, and its power through clear examples to enhance your AngularJS applications
Building on the initial foundational aspects, you will expand to include testing for multiple controllers, partial views, location references, CSS, and the HTML element. In addition, you will explore using a headless browser with Karma. You will also configure Karma file watching to automate testing and tackle components of AngularJS (controller, service, model, and broadcasting) using TDD. At the end of this book, you will extend explore how to pull data using an external API, setting up and configuring Protractor to use a standalone Selenium server, and setting up Travis CI and Karma to test your application.
This book is a complete guide to testing techniques using Karma for unit testing and performing end-to-end testing with Protractor.