Raspberry Pi Gaming, 2/e（Paperback）
Design, create, and play all kinds of video games on your Raspberry Pi computer
About This Book
- Program your very own video game on the Raspberry Pi using the Scratch programming language
- Install and manage your Raspberry Pi
- Set up your Raspberry Pi to play hundreds of retro and classic games
Who This Book Is For
If you are someone who loves to play games and are interested in learning more about the capabilities of your Raspberry Pi, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Raspberry Pi programming is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Program games utilizing the Scratch language
- Install multiple operating systems
- Set up your Raspberry Pi computer
- Install and configure game system emulators
- Control your Minecraft world with the Python programming language
- Explore different kinds of joysticks, controllers, game pads, and other input devices
- Install applications in Linux
This book teaches you how to hook up your Raspberry Pi computer, install different games from a variety of genres, and set up emulators so you can play hundreds of classic arcade and console games. Moreover, you will also learn how to design, create, and play video games that you create from scratch.
After learning how to set up a Raspberry Pi, you will begin by creating your own version of Flappy Bird and a clone of the classic game Pong in the Scratch programming language. You will also be guided through the installation process for a wide range of gaming operating systems, such as PiPlay, RetroPie, and ChameleonPi for the Raspberry Pi. Furthermore, you will discover in-depth details about emulators that recreate classic 80s arcade games to consoles that many grew up with.
You will also learn more about installing games through Linux repositories, setting up controllers, programming pieces of your Minecraft world, and troubleshooting various issues that can crop up with your Raspberry Pi.