Zabbix Network Monitoring Essentials
Andrea Dalle Vacche, Stefano Kewan Lee
Your one-stop solution to efficient network monitoring with Zabbix
About This Book
- Effectively monitor a number of network devices based on network security and segments
- Adapt your monitoring solution to an array of evolving network scenarios using Zabbix discovery features
- A fast-paced guide to Zabbix network monitoring with a strategic focus on the collection and organization of data
Who This Book Is For
If you are an experienced network administrator looking for a comprehensive monitoring solution that will keep a watchful eye on networks, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Deploy an effective distributed monitoring solution to your network scenarios
- Effectively monitor a large number of network devices and your most critical network services
- Build on Zabbix discovery features to adapt the monitoring solution to evolving networking scenarios
- Identify critical metrics for your monitored devices and services
- Automate trigger configuration and critical networking operations with the Zabbix API
- Create compelling graphs and maps
- Organize maps with a practical approach and create adaptive templates
- Create a proactive alarm for the network services
- Use historical monitoring data to create calculated and aggregated items
- Use automatic discovery for network hosts and devices
This book will help you to implement a powerful network monitoring solution based on Zabbix. Beginning with the installation of Zabbix, you will be guided through the complex task of designing, configuring, and deploying an enterprise class solution to efficiently monitor the networking infrastructures. Focusing on DNS and proxies, IT admins will learn how to effectively monitor a large network using Zabbix.
Starting with a quick walk-through of the basics, this book will prove to be an invaluable tutorial if you intend to deploy a robust and secure monitoring system for your networking environment with 24/7 automated reporting and logging. With extensive coverage of network topology with maps and graphs, this book will enable you to set up an effective monitoring solution for your network infrastructure. The book's fast-paced, easy-to-follow approach ensures that you'll learn everything quickly and efficiently.