Python Penetration Testing Cookbook
Over 60 hands-on recipes to pen test networks using Python to discover vulnerabilities and find a recovery path
About This Book
- Learn to detect and avoid various types of attacks that put the privacy of a system at risk
- Enhance your knowledge on the concepts of wireless applications and information gathering through practical recipes.
- See a pragmatic way to penetration test using Python to build efficient code and save time
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who have prior knowledge of using Python for pen testing. If you want an overview of scripting tasks to consider while pen testing, this book will give you a lot of useful code or your tool kit.
What You Will Learn
- Find an IP address from a web page using BeautifulSoup and urllib
- Discover different types of sniffers to build an intrusion detection system
- Create an efficient and high-performance ping sweep and port scanner
- Get to grips with making an SSID and BSSID scanner
- Perform network pen-testing by attacking DDoS, DHCP and packet injecting
- Fingerprint OS and network applications, and correlate common vulnerabilities
- Master techniques to detect vulnerabilities in your environment and secure them
- Incorporate various networks and packet sniffing techniques using Raw sockets and Scapy
Penetration testing is the use of tools and code to attack a system in order to assess its vulnerabilities to external threats. Python allows pen testers to create their own tools. Since Python is a highly valued pen-testing language, there are many native libraries and Python bindings available specifically for pen-testing tasks.
Python Penetration Testing Cookbook begins by teaching you how to extract information from web pages. You will learn how to build an intrusion detection system using network sniffing techniques. Next, you will find out how to scan your networks to ensure performance and quality, and how to carry out wireless pen testing on your network to avoid cyber attacks. After that, we'll discuss the different kinds of attacks on the network. Next, you'll get to grips with designing your own torrent detection program. We'll take you through common vulnerability scenarios and then cover buffer overflow exploitation so you can detect insecure coding. Finally, you'll discover PE code injection methods to safeguard your network.