Learning Embedded Android Programming
Ivan Morgillo, Stefano Viola
- 出版商: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- 出版日期: 2016-07-29
- 定價: USD $34.99
- 售價: $1,369
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,301
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 282
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785282883
- ISBN-13: 9781785282881
- Understand the system architecture and how the source code is organized
- Explore the power of Android and customize the build system
- Build a fully customized Android version as per your requirements
Take a deep dive into the Android build system and its customization with Learning Embedded Android Programming, written to help you master the steep learning curve of working with embedded Android. Start by exploring the basics of Android OS, discover Google’s “repo” system, and discover how to retrieve AOSP source code. You'll then find out to set up the build environment and the first AOSP system. Next, learn how to customize the boot sequence with a new animation, and use an Android “kitchen” to “cook” your custom ROM. By the end of the book, you'll be able to build customized Android open source projects by developing your own set of features.
What you will learn
- Master Android architecture and system design
- Obtain source code and understand the modular organization
- Customize and build your first system image for the Android emulator
- Level up and build your own Android system for a real-world device
- Use Android as a home automation and entertainment system
- Tailor your system with optimizations and add-ons
- Reach for the stars: look at the Internet of Things, entertainment, and domotics
About the Author
Ivan Morgillo is a computer engineer, a conference speaker, and a community organizer. He is passionate about programming and embedded systems—from DIY domotics to Android devices.
He is cofounder of Alter Ego Solutions, a mobile development consulting company.
He is also the author of RxJava Essentials, by Packt Publishing and Grokking Rx, by Manning Publications.
Stefano Viola is an embedded software developer with proved experience with Linux embedded devices and microcontrollers. He is an Android platform expert and application developer. He is passionate about programming and embedded systems, from DIY domotics and robots to customized Android devices.
He is currently working at SECO as an embedded software engineer. He is part of AXIOM project, an R&D project by the European Community, and the UDOO team.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Architecture
- Obtaining the Source Code – Structure and Philosophy
- Set up and Build – the Emulator Way
- Moving to Real-World Hardware
- Customizing Kernel and Boot Sequence
- "Cooking" Your First ROM
- Tailoring Your Personal Android System
- Beyond the Smartphone