VMware vRealize Operations Essentials Paperback – January 1, 2016
Harness the power of VMware vRealize Operations to efficiently manage your IT infrastructure
About This Book
- Extract the optimum performance, availability, and capacity of your IT infrastructure with the help of vRealise Operations Manager
- Leverage the power of strategic reports to drive tactful decision-making within the IT department
- A pragmatic guide to proficiently manage your applications and storage
Who This Book Is For
If you are a vSphere administrator and wish to optimize your virtual environment, this book is your go-to guide on vRealize Operations. As a vSphere administrator, it is assumed that you have a good understanding of both physical and virtual infrastructure. A basic knowledge of application monitoring and log analysis would be useful when we dive into the capabilities of the solution.
What You Will Learn
- Architect, design, and install vRealize Operations
- Migrate from the previous vCenter Operations Manager 5.x version, configure vR Ops policies, and create custom groups
- Use out-of-the-box Dashboards, Views, and Reports and create your own customized Dashboards, Views, and Reports
- Apply the Alerting framework of Symptoms, Recommendations, and Actions, and create your own Alerting content
- Leverage the power of Capacity Planning to maximize the utilization of your virtual infrastructure
- Manage the rest of your infrastructure, including storage and applications, with vRealize Operations Management Packs
- Extend the solution with vRealize Hyperic and Log Insight
This book will enable you to deliver on the operational disciplines of Performance, Health, Capacity, Configuration, and Compliance by making the best use of solutions provided by vRealize Operations. Starting with architecture, design, and sizing, we will ensure your implementation of vRealize Operations is a success.
We will dive into the utilization of a solution to manage your vSphere infrastructure.
Then, we will employ out-of-the-box Dashboards and the very powerful Views and Reporting functionality of vRealize Operations to create your custom dashboards and address your reporting requirements.
Next, we go through the Alerting framework and how Symptoms, Recommendations, and Actions are used to achieve efficient operations. Later you will master the topic of Capacity Planning, where we look at how important it is to craft appropriate policies to match your requirements, and we'll consider attitude toward capacity risk, which will aid you to build future project requirements into your capacity plans.
Finally, we will look at extending the solution to manage Storage, Applications, and other IT infrastructures using Management Packs from Solution Exchange, as well as how the solution can be enhanced with the integration of Log Insight.