Home Automation with Intel Galileo
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2015-03-31
- 售價: $1,040
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $988
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 179
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785285777
- ISBN-13: 9781785285776
Create thrilling and intricate home automation projects using Intel Galileo
About This Book
- Make the most out of Intel Galileo by understanding its fundamentals and architecture
- Explore sensors and devices to successfully control home functions like lights, security, energy management, and many more
- Written in a lucid and step-by-step approach explaining varied aspects of home automation
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who wants to learn Intel Galileo for home automation and cross-platform software development. No knowledge of programming with Intel Galileo is assumed, but knowledge of the C programming language is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Set up a software development environment for cross-platform software programming
- Employ Yocto Project basics to create custom Linux images for Intel Galileo Development Board
- Develop applications on the Eclipse IDE and deploy them on the Linux operating system
- Construct applications with external devices and sensors on Linux and Intel Galileo using standard and third-party Linux libraries
- Explore home automation concepts, energy management and security, and related protocols and open source projects.
- Familiarize yourself with inter-process communication by using Linux network sockets and named pipes
- Design and build applications to serve data with Intel Galileo to turn Intel Galileo into a home gateway or hub with help from Node.js
This book provides you with a rapid introduction to Intel Galileo and home automation. You will start by setting up the Intel Galileo Board and its software development environment and learning cross-platform software programming using C and Linux. It then walks you through the home automation concept and provides insights about existing sensors and devices to use with Intel Galileo and explains how to use them in your own home. You will also create applications for energy management with electrical and environmental sensors and safeguard your homes using monitoring and surveillance concepts. Finally, you will learn to add advanced features to your home automation applications such as web interfaces to control devices, connecting with smartphones, and adding a microphone to add voice control features.
All in all, this book is a practical guide to learn about Intel Galileo and experience the joy of building full-fledged projects for home automation.