- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-02-26
- 售價: $1,740
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,653
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 382
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785288121
- ISBN-13: 9781785288128
- Confidently deploy distributed applications and effectively manage distributed infrastructure using Containers and CoreOS
- Build secure, scalable CoreOS clusters to deploy distributed applications using open source technologies and industry best practices
- Every concept and technology in this book is illustrated with practical examples that can be used in both development and production environments.
CoreOS makes Google and Amazon-style Cloud infrastructure available for anyone building their own private Cloud. This book covers the CoreOS internals and the technologies used in the deployment of container-based distributed applications. It starts with an overview of CoreOS and distributed application development while sharing knowledge on related technologies. Critical CoreOS services and networking and storage considerations for CoreOS are covered next.
In latter half of the book, you will learn about Container runtime systems such as Docker and Rkt and Container Orchestration using Kubernetes. You will also find out about the integration of popular orchestration solutions such as OpenStack, the AWS Container service, and the Google Container Engine with CoreOS and Docker. Lastly, we cover troubleshooting as well as production considerations.
What you will learn
- Install CoreOS on a VM, on the Cloud, and bare metal, and find out how to keep your cluster secure and up to date
- Configure and troubleshoot key CoreOS services, such as etcd, systemd, and fleet, for distributed application deployment
- Study container networking using CoreOS Flannel and other solutions, such as Docker libnetwork, Weave, and Calico
- Explore the container filesystem and container volume management using Docker volume, NFS, GlusterFS, and Flocker
- Get to know the internals of container technologies such as Docker, Rkt, and Container orchestration using Openstack, Kubernetes and Docker native solutions
- Troubleshoot CoreOS cluster and Containers using monitoring and logging tools and master production techniques such as staging, security, and automation
About the Author
Sreenivas Makam is currently working as a senior engineering manager at Cisco Systems, Bangalore. He has a masters in electrical engineering and around 18 years of experience in the networking industry. He has worked in both start-ups and big established companies. His interests include SDN, NFV, Network Automation, DevOps, and cloud technologies, and he likes to try out and follow open source projects in these areas. His blog can be found at https://sreeninet.wordpress.com/ and his hacky code at https://github.com/smakam.
Sreenivas is part of the Docker bloggers forum and his blog articles have been published in Docker weekly newsletters. He has done the technical reviewing for Mastering Ansible, Packt Publishing and Ansible Networking Report, O'Reilly Publisher. He has also given presentations at Docker meetup in Bangalore. Sreenivas has one approved patent.
Table of Contents
- CoreOS Overview
- Setting up the CoreOS Lab
- CoreOS Autoupdate
- CoreOS Primary Services – Etcd, Systemd, and Fleet
- CoreOS Networking and Flannel Internals
- CoreOS Storage Management
- Container Integration with CoreOS – Docker and Rkt
- Container Orchestration
- OpenStack Integration with Containers and CoreOS
- CoreOS and Containers – Troubleshooting and Debugging
- CoreOS and Containers – Production Considerations