Mastering Business Intelligence with MicroStrategy
Dmitry Anoshin, Himani Rana, Ning Ma
- 出版商: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- 出版日期: 2016-07-29
- 定價: USD $59.99
- 售價: $2,131
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,024
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 396
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785884409
- ISBN-13: 9781785884405
- Fix the gap between BI tools and implementation/integration processes with big data and predictive analytics using this comprehensive guide to MicroStrategy 10
- Highly practical, example-rich guide that lets you implement business intelligence with MicroStrategy 10 in your organization
- Create the best user experience with BI dashboards using MicroStrategy using this up-to-date, comprehensive guide
Business intelligence is becoming more important by the day, with cloud offerings and mobile devices gaining wider acceptance and achieving better market penetration. MicroStrategy Reporting Suite is an absolute leader in the BI market and offers rich capabilities from basic data visualizations to predictive analytics. It lets you various delivery methods such as the Web, desktops, and mobiles.
Using real-world BI scenarios, this book helps you to implement Business Analytics solutions in big e-commerce companies. It kicks off with MicroStrategy 10 features and then covers schema design models and techniques. Building upon your existing knowledge, the book will teach you advanced techniques for building documents and dashboards. It further teaches various graphical techniques for presenting data for analysis using maps, graphs, and advanced charts. Although MicroStrategy has rich functionality, the book will show how to customize it in order to meet your business requirements. You will also become familiar with the native analytical functions that will help you to maximize the impact of BI solutions with powerful predictive analytics.
Furthermore, the book will focus on MicroStrategy Mobile Analytics along with data discovery and desktop capabilities such as connecting various data sources and building interactive dashboards. The book will also uncover best practices, troubleshooting techniques for MicroStrategy system administration, and also security and authentication techniques. Lastly, you will learn to use Hadoop for MicroStrategy reporting.
By the end of the book, you will become proficient in evaluating any BI software in order to choose the best one that meets all business requirements.
What you will learn
- Explore various visualization techniques for presenting analyzed data
- Customize MicroStrategy in order to meet your business requirements
- Develop and design mobile dashboards
- Use the advanced techniques such as designing reports, documents and interactive dashboards for building dashboards
- Understand the concepts of data discovery and Desktop capabilities
- Explore the best practices for Microstrategy system administration
- Find and fix issues based on connections, environment or documents.
- Integrate third party ESRI map tools with MicroStrategy to create geo based reports.