Practical Responsive Typography
- 出版商: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- 出版日期: 2016-07-28
- 售價: $1,138
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,081
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 218
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785884638
- ISBN-13: 9781785884634
- No coding experience necessary - get started with responsive typography today!
- Find out how to customize your own typography designs to truly own your website's identity
- From the basics to cutting-edge design, this book is the perfect guide
Typography is an essential part of any website’s design. It can help you stand out from the crowd, communicate with clarity, and cultivate a distinctive identity.
Practical Responsive Typography demonstrates how to use typography to greatest effect. With this book you won't underestimate it's importance - you'll be in complete control over this crucial component of web design. From scaling and optimizing screen spaces to using a range of different web fonts, you'll quickly get up to speed with the practical considerations behind successful typography.
But more than the fundamentals, you'll also find out how to go further by customizing typography designs to suit your identity.
What you will learn
- Customize and personalize fonts on a responsive website
- Learn how to write CSS3 rules for viewports
- Define media queries and write them using CSS3 and HTML5
- Implement SASS typography techniques to minimize the CSS output and manage the font variables
- Get to grips with dropcaps and learn how to use them effectively on the web
About the Author
Dario Calonaci is a published author, correspondent, and professional advisor as well as design writer and reviewer for many publications, both print and online. Having worked on projects for The Ritz-Carlton and on Obama for America '12, The United Nations Rio+20 Conference, he's a well-known expert in the field of typography, which made him start teaching that and web design in his early twenties! As a member of various international groups, his art has been published worldwide in a plethora of books and magazines, from Phadon to Zeixs, and has been exposed in many openings, from New York's Times Square to the Senate Library in Rome.
He runs his own design firm at Kerned Studio in Florence for clients such as Gucci, Calvin Klein, and Berni among many others. You can take a look at his work on www.kernedstudio.com and www.dariocalonaci.com.
Table of Contents
- Web Typography
- Responsive Typography
- Web Fonts and Services
- Modern Scale
- Viewport and Size
- Media Queries
- Sass and Typography
- Three Step Responsive
- Future Responsive – Hinting
- Future Responsive – Drop Caps and Shapes