Implementing VMware Horizon 7
$594Arduino Projects for Amateur Radio (Paperback)
$403精通D3.js : 交互式數據可視化高級編程
$250鳳凰計畫：一個 IT計畫的傳奇故事 (The Phoenix Project : A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping your business win)(沙盤特別版)
$229用 Python 寫網絡爬蟲 (Web Scraping with Python)
- This is the first book on the market that delivers desktops and applications through a single Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platform
- Reduce enterprise costs by dynamically allocating resources with virtual storage, compute and networking
- This comprehensive guide provides simplified operations, improved security, and accelerated time-to-value using VMware Horizon 7
VMware Horizon 7 has been a buzz since it was announced. One of the major reasons is the introduction of the new Instant Clones feature. This book will complement the product documentation by providing real-life examples of how it is implemented along with the latest features and components of the platform.
We'll explore the latest features of the platform, including those added through product acquisitions such as User Environment Manager and App Volumes. Further on, you will also be introduced to the new capabilities added to the core product such Linked-Clone RDS pools.
Upon completion of this book, you will have an understanding of the capabilities and benefits VMware Horizon can provide to your organization, and how each of its components are implemented.
What you will learn
- Walk through the configuration of VMware Horizon, including the new Horizon Access Point appliance
- Implement a multi-site VMware Horizon pod using the Cloud Pod Architecture feature
- Understand the integration between VMware Horizon and VSAN, and see how they are deployed together
- Explore how to implement and maintain Microsoft RDS and Linux and Windows Desktop Pools Create and optimize desktop master images.
- Understand how to manage the SSL certificates for each of the VMware Horizon components.
About the Author
Jason Ventresco is a 17 year veteran of the IT field, and currently works for EMC2 as a Consultant Solutions Engineer. In that role he architects, builds, and tests the latest end user computing solutions to validate their performance and provide guidance to EMC2 customers and partners.
Jason previously worked as a member of the Global Infrastructure team for FHI 360, and as an IT consultant for WorkSmart and Xerox Global Services. Jason previously published the books Implementing VMware Horizon View 5.2, VMware Horizon View 5.3 Design Patterns and Best Practices, and VMware Horizon View 6 Desktop Virtualization Cookbook.
Jason lives in Raleigh, North Carolina with his wife, Christine, and daughter, Amanda. He holds two degrees, a Master of Science in Information Assurance from Norwich University, and a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology from the University of Phoenix. In his free time, he likes to travel, go boating, and attend Carolina Hurricanes games.
Table of Contents
- VMware Horizon Infrastructure Overview
- Implementing Horizon Connection Server
- Implementing Horizon Composer
- Implementing Horizon Security Server
- Implementing VMware Horizon Access Point
- Implementing a Horizon Cloud Pod
- Using VMware Virtual SAN with Horizon
- Implementing VMware User Environment Manager
- Implementing VMware App Volumes
- Creating Horizon Desktop Pools
- Implementing Horizon Application Pools
- Performing Horizon Desktop Pool Maintenance
- Creating a Master Horizon Desktop Image
- Managing Horizon SSL Certificates
- Using Horizon PowerCLI