Network Analysis using Wireshark 2 Cookbook - Second Edition
Nagendra Kumar Nainar, Yogesh Ramdoss, Yoram Orzach
- Get the first book on the market that exposes you to the powerful Wireshark 2
- Deep dive into the enhanced functionalities of Wireshark 2 and protect your network with ease
- A practical guide with exciting recipes on a widely used network protocol analyzer
This book contains practical recipes on troubleshooting a data communications network. This second version of the book will focus on Wireshark 2, which has already gained a lot of traction due to the enhanced features that it offers to users.
Along with this, this book enhances some of the subjects explored in the first version, including TCP performance, network security, Wireless LAN, and also how to use Wireshark for cloud and virtual system monitoring. It also includes Wireshark capture files so that you are able to practice what you've learned in the book.
By the end of the book, you will know how to find various attack patterns and secure your network from them.
What you will learn
- Configure Wireshark 2 for effective network analysis and troubleshooting
- Set up various display and capture filters
- Understand networking layers, including IPv4 and IPv6 analysis
- Explore performance issues in TCP/IP
- Get to know about Wi-Fi testing and how to resolve problems related to wireless LANs
- Use the expert system in order to get information about network phenomena, events, and errors
- Identify and locate faults in detecting security failures and security breaches in the network