Raspberry Pi 3 Projects for Java Programmers
Pradeeka Seneviratne, John Sirach
About This Book
- Explore the small yet powerful mini computer in order to run java applications
- Leverage Java libraries to build exciting projects on home automation, IoT, and Robotics by leveraging Java libraries
- Get acquainted with connecting electronic sensors to your Raspberry Pi 3 using Java APIs.
Who This Book Is For
The book is aimed at Java programmers who are eager to get their hands-on Raspberry Pi and build interesting projects using java. They have a very basic knowledge of Raspberry Pi.
What You Will Learn
- Use presence detection using the integrated bluetooth chip
- Automatic light switch using presence detection
- Use a centralized IoT service to publish data using RPC
- Control a robot by driving motors using PWM
- Create a small web service capable of performing actions on the Raspberry Pi and supply readings
- Image capture using Java together with the OpenCV framework
Raspberry Pi is a small, low cost and yet very powerful development platform. It is used to interact with attached electronics by the use of it's GPIO pins for multiple use cases, mainly Home Automation and Robotics.
Our book is a project-based guide that will show you how to utilize the Raspberry Pi's GPIO with Java and how you can leverage this utilization with your knowledge of Java. You will start with installing and setting up the necessary hardware to create a seamless development platform. You will then straightaway start by building a project that will