JIRA 7 Essentials - Fourth Edition
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-11-23
- 售價: $1,970
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,872
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 398
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1786462516
- ISBN-13: 9781786462510
- Updated for JIRA 7, this book covers all the new features introduced in JIRA 7 with a dedicated chapter on JIRA Service Desk—one of the biggest new add-ons to JIRA
- This book lays a strong foundation to work with agile projects in JIRA from both the administrator and end user's perspective
- Work through step-by-step exercises at the end of each chapter for you to try out and reinforce your skills
Atlassian JIRA is an enterprise-issue tracker system. One of its key strengths is its ability to adapt to the needs of the organization, ranging from building Atlassian application interfaces to providing a platform for add-ons to extend JIRA's capabilities.
JIRA 7 Essentials, now in its fourth edition, provides a comprehensive explanation covering all major components of JIRA 7, which includes JIRA Software, JIRA Core, and JIRA Service Works.
The book starts by explaining how to plan and set up a new JIRA 7 instance from scratch for production use before moving on to the more key features such as e-mails, workflows, business processes, and so on. Then you will understand JIRA's data hierarchy and how to design and work with projects in JIRA.
Issues being the corner stone of using JIRA, you will gain a deep understanding of issues and their purpose. Then you will be introduced to fields and how to use custom fields for more effective data collections. You will then learn to create new screens from scratch and customize it to suit your needs. The book then covers workflows and business processes, and you will also be able to set up both incoming and outgoing mail servers to work with e-mails. Towards the end, we explain JIRA's security model and introduce you to one of JIRA’s new add-ons: JIRA Service Desk, which allows you to run JIRA as a computer support portal.
What you will learn
- Understand JIRA's data hierarchy and how to design and work with projects in JIRA
- Plan and set up a new JIRA 7 instance from scratch for production use
- Using JIRA for agile software projects, business process management, customer service support, and more
- Understand issues and work with them
- Design both system and custom fields to behave differently under different contexts
- Create and design your own screens and apply them to different project and issue types
- Gain an understanding of the workflow and its various components
- Set up both incoming and outgoing mail servers to work with e-mails
About the Author
Patrick Li is the cofounder of AppFusions and now works as a senior engineer there. AppFusions is one of the leading Atlassian experts, specializing in integration solutions with many enterprise applications and platforms, including IBM Connections, Jive, Google Apps, Box, SugarCRM, and more. He has worked in the Atlassian ecosystem for over 9 years, developing products and solutions for the Atlassian platform and providing expert consulting services.
He has authored numerous books and video courses covering JIRA 4 to 7, including JIRA Agile and JIRA Service Desk. He has extensive experience in designing and deploying Atlassian solutions from the ground up and customizing existing deployments for clients across verticals such as healthcare, software engineering, financial services, and government agencies.
You can check out his LinkedIn profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickliangli or visit his company website at https://www.appfusions.com/display/Dashboard/Bringing+it+together%2C+NOW.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with JIRA
- Using JIRA for Business Projects
- Using JIRA for Agile Projects
- Issue Management
- Field Management
- Screen Management
- Workflow and Business Process
- E-mails and Notifications
- Securing JIRA
- Searching, Reporting, and Analysis
- JIRA Service Desk