Learning Docker - Second Edition
Jeeva S. Chelladhurai, Vinod Singh, Pethuru Raj
- Learn to package your applications with Docker and build, ship, and scale your containers
- This up-to-date edition shows you how to leverage the features of Docker to deploy your existing applications
- Explore real-world examples of securing and managing Docker containers
Docker is an open source containerization engine that offers a simple and faster way for developing and running software. This helps enable flexibility and portability on where the application can run, whether on premises, public cloud, or private cloud.
This book will show you the new features of Docker and help you get started with Docker by building and deploying a simple application. It will walk you through the commands required to manage Docker images and containers. You'll see how to download new images, run containers, list the containers running on the Docker host, and kill them.
Furthermore, you'll find out how to work with Docker's volumes feature to share data between the Docker host and its containers. Towards the end, the book focuses on orchestrating the containers using Docker compose, Debugging containers, and securing the container using the AppArmor and SELinux security modules.
What you will learn
- Build images from containers and launch them as a daemon
- Explore the best practices for writing Dockerfil
- Use Docker Volume to share data
- Get to know how data is shared between containers
- Integrate Docker testing into Jenkins
- Familiarize yourself with Docker exec, Docker ps, Docker top, and Docker stats commands
- Secure your Docker containers using AppArmor and SELinux security modules