- Achieve your goals in a fun-filled way by creating gamification projects from scratch
- Leverage the Unity 5.X toolkit to create stunning and appealing projects
- Make your transition towards a pro project manager/ developer by learning tricks and techniques
Are you looking at implementing gamification techniques for your business and wondering where to get a complete rundown of all the tricks and techniques? Well, you have come to the right place!
This book will start right from the basics such as gameplay elements and their functionalities before gradually moving onto creating your first gamification project from scratch.
You’ll be given the tools and shown how to perform various techniques for creating gamified applications in different contexts. Finally, you will implement various game elements into Unity, publish your own task management application, and get to know the best practices and approaches when designing gamified experiences.
What you will learn
- Assess your learners’ abilities by setting up challenges and quests
- Implement the game elements that relate to the project into Unity
- Publish your own task management application to better engage readers
- Improve your design using methods of playtesting and iteration
- Issue OpenBadges to recognize achievements and set up an online database to store your users achievements.
About the Author
Lauren S. Ferro is a gamification consultant and designer of game and game-like applications. She has worked, designed, consulted, and implemented strategies for a range of different purposes, including professional development, recommendation systems, and educational games. She is an active researcher in the area of gamification, player profiling, and user-centered game design. Lauren runs workshops both for the general public and companies that focus on designing user-centered games and game-like applications. She is also the creator of a game design resource, Gamicards, which is a prototyping tool for both games and game-like experiences, which is centered on player’s preferences for game elements and mechanics.
She is passionate about the future of games and the technologies surrounding them, as well as their potential to improve the lives people.
When she is not playing or creating games, you can find her flying kites, creating music, or whipping up a storm in the kitchen.
Table of Contents
- The Anatomy of Games
- Who or What Am I? Understanding the Player
- An Engaged Player is a Happy Player
- Organized Chaos - Getting Ideas Out of Your Head and on to Paper
- Sculpting the Conceptual Beast
- Breathing Life into Your First Creation - Creating and Importing Assets for Your Application
- Get Your Motor Running
- Break, Destroy, and Rebuild - the Art of Playtesting and Iteration
- Graduating Your Project to Completion
- Being the Best That You Can Be!