Elasticsearch 5.x Cookbook Third Edition
About This Book
- Deploy and manage simple Elasticsearch nodes as well as complex cluster topologies
- Write native plugins to extend the functionalities of Elasticsearch 5.x to boost your business
- Packed with clear, step-by-step recipes to walk you through the capabilities of Elasticsearch 5.x
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who wants to get the most out of Elasticsearch for advanced search and analytics, this is the book for you. Some understanding of JSON is expected. If you want to extend Elasticsearch, understanding of Java and related technologies is also required.
What You Will Learn
- Choose the best Elasticsearch cloud topology to deploy and power it up with external plugins
- Develop tailored mapping to take full control of index steps
- Build complex queries through managing indices and documents
- Optimize search results through executing analytics aggregations
- Monitor the performance of the cluster and nodes
- Install Kibana to monitor cluster and extend Kibana for plugins
- Integrate Elasticsearch in Java, Scala, Python and Big Data applications
Elasticsearch is a Lucene-based distributed search server that allows users to index and search unstructured content with petabytes of data. This book is your one-stop guide to master the complete Elasticsearch ecosystem.
We ll guide you through comprehensive recipes on what s new in Elasticsearch 5.x, showing you how to create complex queries and analytics, and perform index mapping, aggregation, and scripting. Further on, you will explore the modules of Cluster and Node monitoring and see ways to back up and restore a snapshot of an index.
You will understand how to install Kibana to monitor a cluster and also to extend Kibana for plugins. Finally, you will also see how you can integrate your Java, Scala, Python, and Big Data applications such as Apache Spark and Pig with Elasticsearch, and add enhanced functionalities with custom plugins.
By the end of this book, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the implementation of the Elasticsearch architecture and will be able to manage data efficiently and effectively with Elasticsearch.
Style and approach
This book follows a problem-solution approach to effectively use and manage Elasticsearch. Each recipe focuses on a particular task at hand, and is explained in a very simple, easy to understand manner.