Software-Defined Networking (SDN) with OpenStack
Sriram Subramanian, Sreenivas Voruganti
$648管理海量數據－壓縮索引和查詢(第2版經典再現全新修訂版) (Managing Gigabytes: Compressing and Indexing Documents and Images, 2/e)
$296PostgreSQL 即學即用, 2/e (PostgreSQL: Up and Running: A Practical Introduction to the Advanced Open Source Database, 2/e)
$352OpenStack 最佳實踐 — 測試與 CI/CD
Leverage the best SDN technologies for your OpenStack-based cloud infrastructure
About This Book
- Learn how to leverage critical SDN technologies for OpenStack Networking APIs via plugins and drivers
- Champion the skills of achieving complete SDN with OpenStack with specific use cases and capabilities only covered in this title
- Discover exactly how you could implement cost-effective OpenStack SDN integration for your organization
Who This Book Is For
Administrators, and cloud operators who would like to implement Software Defined Networking on OpenStack clouds. Some prior experience of network infrastructure and networking concepts is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how OVS is used for Overlay networks
- Get familiar with SDN Controllers with Architectural details and functionalities
- Create core ODL services and understand how OpenDaylight integrates with OpenStack to provide SDN capabilities
- Understand OpenContrail architecture and how it supports key SDN functionality such as Service Function Chaining (SFC) along with OpenStack
- Explore Open Network Operating System (ONOS) – a carrier grade SDN platform embraced by the biggest telecom service providers
- Learn about upcoming SDN technologies in OpenStack such as Dragonflow and OVN
Networking is one the pillars of OpenStack and OpenStack Networking are designed to support programmability and Software-Defined Networks. OpenStack Networking has been evolving from simple APIs and functionality in Quantum to more complex capabilities in Neutron.
Armed with the basic knowledge, this book will help the readers to explore popular SDN technologies, namely, OpenDaylight (ODL), OpenContrail, Open Network Operating System (ONOS) and Open Virtual Network (OVN).
The first couple of chapters will provide an overview of OpenStack Networking and SDN in general. Thereafter a set of chapters are devoted to OpenDaylight (ODL), OpenContrail and their integration with OpenStack Networking. The book then introduces you to Open Network Operating System (ONOS) which is fast becoming a carrier grade SDN platform. We will conclude the book with overview of upcoming SDN projects within OpenStack namely OVN and Dragonflow.
By the end of the book, the readers will be familiar with SDN technologies and know how they can be leveraged in an OpenStack based cloud.
Style and approach
A hands-on practical tutorial through use cases and examples for Software Defined Networking with OpenStack.