C# Programming Cookbook
- Unique recipes for C#, that places it in its real-world context.
- You will be able to get yourself out of any coding-corner youve backed yourself into.
- All code samples available through GitHub to bring C#.
- In line with modern development workflows, written to the latest specification of C# 6.0.
During your application development workflow, there is always a moment when you need to get out of a tight spot. Through a recipe-based approach, this book will help you overcome common programming problems and get your applications ready to face the modern world.
We start with C# 6, giving you hands-on experience with the new language features. Next, we work through the tasks that you perform on a daily basis such as working with strings, generics, and lots more. Gradually, we move on to more advanced topics such as the concept of object-oriented programming, asynchronous programming, reactive extensions, and code contracts.
You will learn responsive high performance programming in C# and how to create applications with Azure. Next, we will review the choices available when choosing a source control solution. At the end of the book, we will show you how to create secure and robust code, and will help you ramp up your skills when using the new version of C# 6 and Visual Studio
What You Will Learn
- Write better and less code to achieve the same result as in previous versions of C#.
- Generate tests from the Code Contracts for mission critical methods.
- Integrate code in Visual Studio with GitHub.
- Create a web application in Azure.
- Design and build a microservice architecture
- Demystify the Rx library using Reactive extensions
- Write high performing codes in C# and understanding multi-threading.
- Security and Debugging.
- Implement Code Contracts on code in Visual Studio.
About the Author
Dirk Strauss is a software developer and Microsoft .NET MVP from South Africa with over 13 years of programming experience. He has extensive experience in SYSPRO Customization, an ERP system, with C# and web development as his main focus.
He works for Evolution Software, but in all fairness, he doesn't really like to call it working at all. According to him, when you're having fun and loving what you do with incredibly inspirational individuals, you will not work a day in your life.
Table of Contents
- New Features in C# 6.0
- Classes and Generics
- Object-Oriented Programming in C#
- Composing Event-Based Programs Using Reactive Extensions
- Create Microservices on Azure Service Fabric
- Making Apps Responsive with Asynchronous Programming
- High Performance Programming Using Parallel and Multithreading in C#
- Code Contracts
- Regular Expressions
- Choosing and Using a Source Control Strategy
- Creating a Mobile Application in Visual Studio
- Writing Secure Code and Debugging in Visual Studio
- Creating a Web Application in Azure