Building Dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 - Second Edition
Belinda Allen, Mark Polino
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2017-03-10
- 售價: $1,730
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,644
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 354
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1786467615
- ISBN-13: 9781786467614
Learn to build professional and powerful dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Excel
About This Book
- This book provides a core foundation for you to understand the ever-changing Microsoft Power BI
- Through this book, you'll understand how data flows and is secured between Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Excel
- You'll see how to create amazing dashboards using various tools such as Excel 2016, Power BI, Jet Express, and more
Who This Book Is For
This book is geared up for analysts and accountants keen on building and maintaining professional dashboards with Microsoft Excel 2016 for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 data, and building financials with visuals using the New Jet Reports Express Tool for Dynamics GP. An introduction is provided for those who want to maintain dashboards in Microsoft Power BI.
What You Will Learn
- Use GP Data in Excel 2016 in a meaningful way
- Build basic financial statements using Jet Reporting Express, including visualizations
- Understand the foundation of Power BI and its components
- Get and maintain data from Dynamics GP in Power BI
- Find out how to use the Power BI Query Editor (the Get and Transform feature in Excel 2016)
- Format basic visualizations to get better insights
- Understand Jet Reports Express, which is used to create basic financial statements
- Use the new Dynamics GP features, such as OData and adding Power BI tiles on the home page
Microsoft Dynamics GP is a complete ERP solution that is extremely beneficial for small to midsize organizations in helping them grow exponentially.
The book shows you in detail how to build great-looking dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP that enhance a company's decision-making processes.
This guide will take you from the basics of setting up and deploying to creating secure, refreshable Excel reports. Using a whole host of tools available within Microsoft Dynamics GP and Excel, this tutorial will show you how to visualize your data using simple conditional formatting techniques and easy-to-read charts, and allow you to make your data interactive with slicers.
We will also cover core topics such as Business Analyzer, Microsoft SQL Reporting services reports, BI360, and more. You will find out to use Power BI, share and refresh data and dashboards in Power BI, and use Power BI Query Editor.
By the end of this book, you will have all the information required to build interactive dashboards using Dynamics GP.
Style and approach
The book takes a step-by-step approach and contains real-world examples that provide the building blocks to create engaging dashboards. This practical guide is all about doing. Get your data, open up Excel, and go!