- Get started with AWS management for infrastructure engineers
- Explore techniques to set up and manage your private cloud using Ansible
- A practical guide to help you manage AWS-based applications and infrastructure using Ansible
Looking to get a simple and efficient way to manage your Amazon Cloud infrastructure? Ansible is exactly what you need. This book will show you how to use Ansible’s cloud modules to easily provision and manage AWS resources including EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, ELB, ElastiCache, and Route 53. We’ll take you beyond the basics of Ansible, showing you real-world examples of AWS infrastructure automation and management with detailed steps, complete code, and screen captures from the AWS console.
The example projects inside this title will help you grasp the process leading to full AWS automation. From a single WordPress site to a highly available and scalable WordPress site, we’ll demonstrate the power of using Ansible to provision and automate AWS-based infrastructure deployment.
What you will learn
- Set up your own AWS account and get started with the AWS console
- Use Ansible Playbook to configure and launch EC2 instances
- Delve deeper into the AWS cloud infrastructure and create and manage VPC
- Provision Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) with Ansible
- Manage files in an Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) bucket using Ansible
- Extend Ansible’s functionality in the AWS environment
- Use Ansible to provision ELB and Auto Scaling groups
- Manage IAM users, groups, roles, and keys
- See how to refine and chain together AWS tools using Ansible
Yan Kurniawan is a Sydney-based Cloud Engineer who is working at Flux7 Labs Inc. Yan has worked on many AWS projects and he has helped companies from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
He is an AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional and a Puppet Certified Professional.
- Getting Started with AWS
- Getting Started with Ansible
- EC2 Provisioning and Configuration Management with Ansible
- Project 1 - A WordPress Site
- Route 53 Management with Ansible
- VPC Provisioning with Ansible
- RDS Provisioning with Ansible
- S3 Management with Ansible
- Using AWS CLI with Ansible
- Project 2 - A Multi-Tier WordPress Site
- Amazon Machine Images - AMI
- Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing – ELB
- ELB and Auto Scaling with Ansible
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Installing Ansible from Source
- What's New in Ansible v2