Android Wear Projects
Ashok Kumar S
- Create real-time Android Wear apps from scratch and become a pro Android Wear Developer
- Learn to create apps specially dedicated to the Android Wear platform
- Design custom Wear UIs and create interactive Watch faces
Android Wear Projects is your opportunity to step into the exciting new world of Android Wear app development. This book will help you to master the skills in Android Wear programming and give you a complete insight on wear app development.
You will create five different Android Wear apps just like the most popular Android Wear apps. You will create a To-do list, a city maps app, a Wear messenger, Wear fitness tracker and Watch face. While you create these apps you will learn to create custom notifications, receive voice inputs in notifications, add pages to notifications and stack notifications. You will see how to create custom wear app layouts, the custom UIs specially designed for Wear. You will learn to handle and manage data and syncing data with other devices, create interactive Watch faces and also ensure the safety and security of your Wear apps by testing and securing your apps before you deploy them on the app store.
What you will learn
- Design and build Wear apps.
- Learn how to use offline storage in Wear apps.
- Understand sensors and how to work with them
- Work with standalone applications of the wear 2.0 API.
- Create a map application for Android Wear devices
- Write a watch face and understand more about Wear 2.0
- Work with firebase realtime database and firebase functions
- Create a chatting application that has wear companion app