Distributed Computing with Go
V.N. Nikhil Anurag
- Enough concurrency theory to provide contextual understanding of Go concurrency
- Giving weight to synchronous and asynchronous data streams in Golang web applications
- Making Goroutines and Channels completely familiar and natural to Go developers
Distributed Computing with Go gives developer with a good idea how basic Go development works the tools to grasp the true potential of Golang development in a world of concurrent web and cloud applications.
This book starts out with setting up a professional Go development environment and then teaches the reader the basic concepts and practices of Golang concurrent and parallel development. The Golang developer will then learn how to balance resources and data with REST and standard web approaches while keeping concurrency in mind. Then the reader's skills will be expanded considerably by writing a distributed document indexing system that has to balance a large corpus of documents with considerable analytical demands. The tutorial is rounded out with introductions to cloud deployment and Go testing.
What you will learn
- Setting up a professional Go development environment
- Writing a fully distributed application using Channels and Goroutines
- Learning how the Go concurrency paradigm works in practice
- Using REST with Go while keeping the web app running in an optimized fashion
- Testing a concurrent Go application