- Simplified and to-the-point theory to manage vSphere 6.5 Storage and Networking Environment.
- Explore VM Encryption, vMotion Encryption and automate it reasonably.
- Discover the best ways to deploy stateless and stateful ESXi hosts and upgrade them.
VMware vSphere 6.5 is the next-generation infrastructure for next-generation applications. VMware vSphere is a complete and robust virtualization platform, transforming datacenters into simplified cloud infrastructures, providing virtualization solutions. Our book focuses on the latest release of VMware vSphere and follows a recipe-based approach, giving you hands-on instructions with practical applications and real-world examples.
This book starts with the procedures involved in installing or upgrading your current vSphere environment to Version 6.5 and will walk you through the new features, enhancing your vSphere environment. Then this book will cover some exciting recipes on Improved vCenter Server Appliance, vSphere automation API, vSphere fault tolerance, Virtual Volume Replication, and vCenter High availability. Moving on, this book will cover increasing performance and scalability and providing high availability solutions.
Finally this book will cover Orchestrated VM Restart using HA, HTML5 vSphere Client, and Encrypted vMotion. By the end of this book, you will have mastered all the components of vSphere 6.5 and its functionalities.
What you will learn
- Upgrade your existing vSphere Environment to vSphere 6.5, either by doing a software upgrade or a fresh installation
- Use vSphere Image Builder, vSphere Auto Deploy, and vSphere Host Profiles to deploy large sets of ESXi hosts in your vSphere Environment
- Configure and manage FC, iSCSI, and NAS storage and also use Profile Driven Storage and SIOC to bring more control over how storage resources are allocated and managed
- Configure vSphere Networking by deploying Host Wide and Datacenter Wide Switches in your vSphere Environment and also enable Port Mirroring and NetFlow
- Configure High Availability on an ESXI host cluster using vSphere HA and learn how to enable automated compute resource management using vSphere DRS and DPM
- Patch and upgrade the vSphere environment using vSphere Update Manager
- Handle certificate request generation and renew using VMware SSL Certificate Automation Tool
- Use VMA as a remote command line interface.