Java 9 with JShell
Gaston C. Hillar
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
$602果殼中的 C#－C# 5.0 權威指南 (C# 5.0 in a Nutshell: The Definitive Reference, 5/e)
- A full account of Java 9's new features
- This tutorial emphasises fluency using JShell exercises
- Get a thorough introduction to contract programming code reuse via Java generics
- Learn how to use the new module system
- How to use proper functional programming style inside Java 9
The release of Java 9 has brought many subtle and not-so-subtle changes to the way in which Java programmers approach their code. The most important ones are definitely the availability of a REPL, known as JShell, which will make experiments and prototyping much more straightforward than the old IDE-based project-led approach. Another, more subtle change can be seen in the module system, which will lead to more modularized, maintainable code. The techniques to take full advantage of object-oriented code, functional programming and the new modularity features in Java 9 form the main subjects of this book.
Each chapter will add to the full picture of Java 9 programming starting out with classes and instances and ending with generics and modularity in Java.
What you will learn
- Engage with object-oriented programming in Java 9, starting with code snippets in JShell
- Optimize your code, applying functional programming features
- Discover the advantages of modularity
- Become very proficient at using JShell itself
- Learn the new approach to Java programming, which uses the REPL as a prototyping tool
About the Author
Gaston C. Hillar is Italian and has been working with computers since he was 8 years old. In the early 80s, he began programming with the legendary Texas TI-99/4A and Commodore 64 home computers. Gaston has a bachelor's degree in computer science (he graduated with honors). He also holds an MBA (he graduated with an outstanding thesis). At present, Gaston is an independent IT consultant and a freelance author who is always looking for new adventures around the world.
He was a senior contributing editor at Dr. Dobb's and has written more than a hundred articles on software development topics. He has received the prestigious Intel® Black Belt Software Developer award eight times. He has written many articles about Java for Oracle Java Magazine. Gaston was also a former Microsoft MVP in technical computing.
He is a guest blogger at Intel® Software Network (http://software.intel.com). You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/gastonhillar. Gaston's blog is http://csharpmulticore.blogspot.com.
He lives with his wife, Vanesa, and his two sons, Kevin and Brandon.
Table of Contents
- JShell – A Read-Evaluate-Print-Loop for Java 9
- Real-World Objects to UML Diagrams and Java 9 via JShell
- Classes and Instances
- Encapsulation of Data
- Mutable and Immutable Classes
- Inheritance, Abstraction, Extension, and Specialization
- Members Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Contract Programming with Interfaces
- Advanced Contract Programming with Interfaces
- Maximization of Code Reuse with Generics
- Advanced Generics
- Object-Oriented, Functional Programming, and Lambda Expressions
- Modularity in Java 9
- Exercise Answers