Russ McKendrick, Pethuru Raj, Jeeva S. Chelladhurai, Vinod Singh
Fast, intensive, and effective Docker learning
About This Book
- Get well-versed with Docker in 7 days
- Identify and resolve common problems faced by users while working with Docker
- A fast-paced guide that will focus on all the core Docker functionalities
Who This Book Is For
This book targets developers, IT professionals and DevOps engineers who like to gain intensive, hands-on knowledge and skills with Docker without spending hours and hours in learning. If you have been struggling to find the time to gain proficiency and confidence with Docker containers and everyday Docker tasks, you have come to the right place!
What You Will Learn
- Use Docker Compose to make multi-container applications easier to launch
- Launch Docker hosts in various public clouds
- Deploy and configure a Docker Swarm cluster.
- Work with third-party plugins to extend core Docker functionality
- Monitor containers and hosts and explore commands to troubleshoot Docker
Docker allows you to create a robust and resilient environment to generate portable, composable, scalable, and stable application containers.
The book starts by installing the core Docker Engine on MacOS, Windows 10 and Linux desktops. We will then define multi-container applications and understand the advantages of using containers locally. Once this is done, we will deploy containers on a single Docker host which is publicly accessible. Furthermore, we will learn how to deploy and configure a Docker Swarm cluster and explore networking and storage third-party plugins to extend the core Docker functionality. Towards the end, the book will demonstrate how to monitor and troubleshoot day-to-day problems in addition to various real world examples of container deployments.
Style and approach
This book is all about fast and intensive learning. That means we don't waste time in helping readers get started. The content is about filling in with highly-effective examples to build new things, show solving problems in newer and unseen ways, and solve real-world examples.