Scala Reactive Programming
- Understand and use the concepts of reactive programming to build distributed systems running on multiple nodes.
- How reactive architecture reduces complexity throughout the development process.
- Get a firm hold on Functional reactive programming and Reactive Microservices.
Reactive programming is a better, scalable, and faster way to build applications which help us write code that is concise, clear, and readable. It can be used for many purposes such as GUI, Robotics, music, etc and is central to many concurrent systems. This book will be your guide in getting started with Reactive programming in Scala.
You will begin with the fundamental concepts of Reactive programming and gradually move on to working with asynchronous data streams. You will then start building an application using Akka Actors and extend it using Play framework. You will then learn about Reactive Stream Specifications, Event Sourcing techniques and different methods to integrate Akka Streams into Play Framework. This book will also take you one step forward by showing you advantages of Lagom Framework while working with reactive microservices. You will then learn to scale applications using multi-node clusters and test, secure and deploy your microservices to cloud.
By the end of the book, you will be adept with the knowledge to build robust and distributed systems with Scala and Akka.
What you will learn
- Understand fundamental principles of reactive and functional programming.
- Develop application utilizing features of Akka framework
- Explore techniques to integrate Scala, Akka and Play together.
- Learn Reactive Streams with Real-time Use-cases
- Develop Reactive Web Application with Play, Scala, Akka and Akka Streams
- Develop and Deploy Reactive Microservices Using Lagom Framework