Mastering Entity Framework Core 2.0: Dive into entities, relationships, querying, performance optimization, and more, to learn efficient data-driven development
Learn how to leverage the features of the new Entity Framework Core APIs and use them to build pure .NET Core applications.
- Learn how to effectively manage your database to make it more productive and maintainable.
- Write simplified queries using LINQ to acquire the desired data easily
- Raise the abstraction level from data to objects so teams can function independently, resulting in easily maintainable code
Being able to create and maintain dataoriented applications has become crucial in modern programming. This is why Microsoft came up with Entity Framework so architects can optimize storage requirements while also writing efficient and maintainable application code. This book is a comprehensive guide that will show how to utilize the power of the Entity Framework to build efficient .NET Core applications. It not only teaches all the fundamentals of Entity Framework Core but also demonstrates how to use it practically so you can implement it in your software development.
The book is divided into three modules. The first module focuses on building entities and relationships. Here you will also learn about different mapping techniques, which will help you choose the one best suited to your application design. Once you have understood the fundamentals of the Entity Framework, you will move on to learn about validation and querying in the second module. It will also teach you how to execute raw SQL queries and extend the Entity Framework to leverage Query Objects using the Query Object Pattern. The final module of the book focuses on performance optimization and managing the security of your application. You will learn to implement failsafe mechanisms using concurrency tokens. The book also explores rowlevel security and multitenant databases in detail.
By the end of the book, you will be proficient in implementing Entity Framework on your .NET Core applications.
What you will learn
- Create databases and perform CRUD operations on them
- Understand and build relationships (related to entities, keys, and properties)
- Understand inbuilt, custom, and remote validation (both client and server side)
- You will learn to handle concurrency to build responsive applications
- You will handle transactions and multitenancy while also improving performance
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET Core developers who would like to integrate EF Core in their application. Prior knowledge of .NET Core and C# is assumed.
Table of Contents
- Kickstart Introduction to Entity Framework Core
- The Other Way Around - Database First Approach
- Relationships - Terminology and Conventions
- Building Relationships - Understanding Mapping
- Know the Validation - Explore Inbuilt Validations
- Save Yourself - Hack Proof Your Entities
- Going Raw - Leveraging SQL Queries in LINQ
- Query Is All We Need - Query Object Pattern
- Fail Safe Mechanism - Transactions
- Make It Real - Handling Concurrencies
- Performance - It's All About Execution Time
- Isolation - Building a MultiTenant Database