- Master all the dashboarding and reporting features of Microsoft Power BI
- Combine data from multiple sources, create stunning visualisations and publish your reports across multiple platforms
- A comprehensive guide with real-world use-cases and examples demonstrating how you can get the best out of Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is a suite of Business Intelligence tools, designed to help the BI professionals get easier, quick and crucial business insights from their data. This book will demonstrate how you can efficiently use the various features of Power BI to gather insights and share them across your team. This book will be more tailored to medium and larger organisations from a corporate BI/IT perspective and will highlight the tools and services working together.
The chapters logically build on each other from the beginning, planning a Power BI project, to building and distributing content all the way to administering and scaling up Power BI. Right from gathering data through various data sources, you will see how you can effectively use Power BI to analyse it. You will understand the steps involved in designing data models that support multiple related business processes to serve as a user friendly platform for analytics and visualization. You will be able to integrate MS Office store of custom visuals to meet specific report needs and build data storytelling and analytical capabilities into your Power BI reports. You will discover how you can create and manage an App Workspace in Power BI and assign administrators and data sources for gateways. You will also understand how you can share your reports securely across multiple platforms such as tablets, smartphones and on cloud, without worrying about customizing them.
By the end of this book, you will be confident in creating effective charts, tables, reports or dashboards for any kind of data using the tools and techniques in Microsoft Power BI.
What you will learn
- Build efficient data retrieval and transformation processes with the M Query Language
- Design scalable, user-friendly DirectQuery and Import Data Models
- Develop visually rich, immersive and interactive reports and dashboards
- Maintain version control and stage deployments across development, test, and production environments
- Manage and monitor the Power BI Service and the On-Premises Data Gateway
- Develop a fully On-Premise Solution with the Power BI Report Server
- Scale up a Power BI Solution via Power BI Premium Capacity and Migration to SQL Server Analysis Services