Building Applications with Spring 5 and Kotlin: Build real-world, production-ready solutions in Kotlin
Learn to build a full fledged application in Spring and Kotlin taking a reactive, microservice based approach for scalability and robustness in the cloud
- Build a full fledged application in Spring and Kotlin, throughout the course of the book
- Architect and design your application to take a reactive, microservice based approach for scalability and robustness in the cloud
- Integrate your application with a variety of Spring components like Spring Data, Spring Cloud and Spring Security
Kotlin is a powerful language that has applications in a wide variety of fields. It is a concise, safe, interoperable and tool friendly language. Also, the Android team has announced first-class support for Kotlin which acts as an added boost to the language. With this book, you will get a deep understanding of this robust programming language and how it can make your life easier. This collection of projects will demonstrate the versatility of the language and enable you to build standalone applications on your own.
The book starts by unveiling the latest features of Kotlin and quickly walks you through the building blocks that form the basis of writing applications. You will build comprehensive applications in the book using the various features of Kotlin. Scale, performance, and high availability lie at the heart of the projects, and the lessons learned throughout this book will arm you with everything you need to build world-class solutions. You will learn to build a social media aggregator app that will help you efficiently track various feeds, develop a geospatial webservice with Kotlin and Spring, build onlines games like Pokemon, build responsive web applications with Kotlin, build a server side application with Kotlin. The book also covers the various libraries and frameworks in these projects.Through the course of building applications, this book will not only help you get to grips with the various features of Kotlin, but will also teach you how to design and prototype professional-grade applications with performance and security considerations.
What you will learn
- Learn basic and advanced concepts of Spring framework version 5 with use of powerful programming language as Kotlin is
- Start with most important Spring concept, dependency injection and make progress through the book towards complex configurations and Spring use cases
- Utilize Spring Data, Spring Cloud, Spring Security in your applications
- Create efficient reactive systems with Project Reactor
- Write unit tests for your Spring/Kotlin application
- Deploy application on cloud platform like AWS
Who This Book Is For
Developers comfortable using Spring, who have a basic knowledge of Kotlin and would now want to take their development skills to the next level and build enterprise-grade applications, will benefit from this book.