- Entirely project based and practical
- Explains the 'Why' of Node.js features, not just the "how", providing you with a deep understanding and enabling you to easily apply concepts in your own applications
- Covers the full range of technologies around Node.js - NPM, MongoDB, version control with git, and many more
The Complete Node.js Developer Course is a practical, project-based book that provides you with all you need to get started as a Node.js developer. Node is a ubiquitous technology on the modern web, and an essential part of any web developer's toolkit. If you are looking to create real-world Node applications, or you want to switch careers or launch a side-project to generate some extra income then you're in the right place. This book has been written around a single goal: Turning you into a professional Node developer capable of developing, testing, and deploying real-world production applications.
There's no better time to dive in. According to the 2016 Stack Overflow Survey, Node is in the top ten for back-end popularity and back-end salary. The Complete Node.js Developer Course is built from the ground up around the latest version of Node.js (version 8.x.x). You'll be learning all the cutting-edge features available only in the latest software versions.
This book cuts through the mass of information available around Node and delivers the essential skills that you need to become a node developer. It takes you through creating four complete apps and understanding how to build, deploy, and test your own Node apps. It then moves on to creating your own API, building a full real-time web app, securing your Node systems, and practical applications of the latest Async and Await technologies. It maps out everything in a comprehensive, easy-to-follow package designed to get you up and running quickly.
What you will Learn
- Learn the fundamentals of Node, such as responding to user input, working with a server, and testing and debugging applications
- Deploy and update your apps in the real world
- Create responsive asynchronous web applications
- Create Node apps that support user accounts and authentication
- Use awesome third-party Node modules like MongoDB, Mongoose, SocketIO, and Express
- Create real-time web applications