Mastering Internet of Things
- Design and implement state-of-the-art solutions for Internet of Things using different communication protocols, patterns, Windows 10, and Raspberry Pi 3
- Build complex projects using motions detection, controllers, sensors and Raspberry Pi 3
- A hands-on guide with complete source code, that provides interoperable solutions for sensors, actuators, controllers, cameras, and protocol brides
The book will be divided into three major parts. The first part will present Internet of Things Fundamentals. It will introduce the concept of protocols and technologies used in Internet of Things, their strengths and weaknesses and preferred use. It will introduce the first two projects, describing how to create sensors and actuators, and what things needs to be considered. The second part will discuss applications in Internet of Things. It will focus on security and interoperability, introduce more advanced technologies and the concept of an Internet of Things application platform. It will discuss user interfaces, management topics, data persistence, end user integrity and security, privacy, decentralized networks, etc. The application platform will simplify and automate many of the tasks and concepts introduced in Part I. The third part will discuss mobile application development for secure interaction with things on the Internet. In this part, it will be clear how standards can be used to eliminate much of the concerns that had to be solved by each implementation traditionally.
What you will learn
- Master the core fundamentals of IoT
- Create your own project, run and debug it.
- Make optimum use of sensors and Actuators
- Master how to consume data using the CoAP protocol
- Get well versed with Interoperability, and how it is solved in the realms of HTTP and CoAP
- Learn how to publish sensor data, control devices and react to asynchronous events using the XMPP protocol.
- Deep dive into the Internet of Things Service Platform
- Make your own mobile application projects using Xamarin
- Understand and setup the security and privacy features required for your system