Unity 2018 By Example - Second Edition
Develop efficient and professional level games by learning Unity 2017
- Build four different types of game with Unity 2017
- Clear and concise instructions to build great games from the most popular genres
- Build immersive virtual reality experiences with the new features introduced in Unity 2017
Unity is the most exciting and popular game's engine Within game industry. With it's 2017 release Unity has become the primary source of game development as well as virtual reality content throughout the world.
In this book, you'll learn how to use Unity by making amazing games from popular genres; from Action shooter to a mindbending Puzzle game, from Adventure to a VR game.
Even if you have no previous experience of Unity, this book will help you understand the toolset in depth.
You'll learn how to create a time-critical collection game, a twin-stick space shooter, a platformer, and an action-fest game with intelligent enemies. Finally, you'll create a VR game with the new toolsets introduced by Unity which aids in developing immersive virtual reality experiences.
Clearly written and accessible, this book presents you with step-by-step tutorials for making four great games in Unity 2017 and explain all the fundamental concepts along the way. Starting from the ground up and moving toward an intermediate level, this book will help you establish a strong foundation for making games with Unity 2017.
What you will learn
- Understand core Unity concepts, such as game objects, components, and scenes
- Learn level design techniques for building immersive and interesting worlds
- Learn to make functional games with C# scripting
- Use the toolset creatively to build games of different themes and styles
- Learn to handle player controls and input functionality
- Dive into the process of working with terrains and world-creation tools
- Import custom content into Unity from third-party tools, such as Maya and Blender
- Get to grips with making both 2D and 3D games
Who This Book Is For
For this book, you don't need to have any previous experience with Unity; you will cover all the basics about game development with Unity. You will need to have some basic knowledge of C#.