ESP8266 Robotics Projects
- Get familiar with ESP8266 and its features.
- Build Wi-FI controlled robots using ESP8266
- A project based book that will use the ESP8266 board and some of its popular variations to build robots.
The ESP8266 WiFi module is a self-contained SOC with integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network. It has a powerful processing and storage capability and also supports application hosting and WiFi networking.
This book is all about robotics projects based on the original ESP8266 microcontroller board and some variants of ESP8266 boards. It starts by showing all the necessary things that you need to build your development environment with basic hardware and software components. The book will use original ESP8266 board and some variants of ESP8266 board such as Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266, Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 . You will learn how to use different type of chassis kits, motors, motor drivers, power supplies and distribution boards, sensors, and actuators to build the robotics projects that can be controlled via WiFi. In addition to it, you will understand how to use line sensors, ArduiCam, Wii Remote, Wheel encoders, and Gripper kit to build more specialized robots.
By the end of this book, you will be well versed building Wi-FI control robot using ESP8266.
What you will learn
- Build a basic robot with original ESP8266, Arduino UNO, and a motor driver board.
- Modify the Mini Round Robot by integrating encoders with motors
- Make a Mini Round Robot with ESP8266 HUZZAH
- Use Zumo chassis kit to build a line following robot by connecting line sensor
- Control Romi Robot with Wiimote
- Build a Mini Robot Rover chassis with a gripper and control it through WiFi
- Make a robot that can take pictures