Learning Azure Cosmos DB
Create scalable, globally distributed, highly responsive applications using Cosmos DB.
- Develop your skills to build and scale applications using the power of Azure CosmosDB.
- Learn how to store and access data with a variety of APIs including MongoDB, Gremlin, SQL, Azure Tables and much more.
- Fast paced guide to have a better understanding of the features with the practical approach mentioned.
Microsoft introduced a new globally distributed database, called Azure Cosmos DB. It is a superset of Microsoft existing NoSQL Document DB service. Azure Cosmos DB enables you to scale throughput and storage elastically and independently across any number of Azure's geographic regions.
This book is a must-have for anyone who wants to get introduced to the world of Cosmos DB. This book will focus on building globally-distributed applications without the hassle of complex, multiple-datacenter configurations. This book will put a light on how Cosmos DB offers multimodal NoSQL database capabilities in the cloud at a scale that is one product with different database engines like; key-value, document, graph, wide column store and so on. We will cover detailed practical examples on how to create a CRUD application using Cosmos DB with a front-end framework of your choice. This book will empower developers to choose their favorite database engines to perform integration along with other systems with most popular languages such as Node.js. This book will take you through tips and trick of Cosmos DB deployment, management, and security offered by Azure Cosmos DB to detect, prevent, and respond to database breaches.
By the end of this book, you will not only be aware of the best capabilities of relational and non-relational databases but also you will be able to build scalable, globally distributed, highly responsive applications.
What you will learn
- Build highly responsive and mission-critical applications.
- Understand how distributed databases are important for global scale and low latency.
- Learn how to write globally distributed applications, the right way.
- Implement comprehensive SLAs for throughput, latency, consistency, and availability.
- Multiple data models and popular APIs for accessing and querying data.
- Best practices covering data security to detect, prevent and respond to database breaches.
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended to anyone who wants to get well versed with Microsoft's new NoSQL database called Azure Cosmos DB. Get the database into work with the practical examples mentioned.